With 1000+ features added since its launch, iconik today has evolved from the initial iconik MVP that was released in 2017. And impressively, iconik has not raised prices once in the past five years. However, our current model is no longer in alignment with the amazing product iconik has become. For this reason, we are updating our plans and pricing for January 1, 2023.
Why update iconik pricing now?
1. We Are Product Perfectionists First
Since our team has been 100% focused on making iconik customers happy with a great product, adjusting prices hasn’t really been a high priority. Our "constant development" approach has resulted in a steady stream of updates that have delivered an avalanche of new features and value to our customers. Since iconik joined Backlight, its development has accelerated and will continue to do so.
This leads directly to the second reason why iconik pricing needs to evolve:
2. Iconik Delivers Much More Value Today
The original idea of iconik has grown and evolved. What started out as a vision to improve media collaboration grew into an entirely new SaaS media asset management solution that hadn’t existed before. Others have tried to mimic what iconik does, but iconik has been and remains on the leading edge of cloud and hybrid cloud MAM technology. Even after that, iconik has grown to touch all the stages of the media lifecycle. While many MAMs are point solutions, our customers are building entire media systems on iconik.
Iconik pricing has always prioritized fairness. Unlike MAMs with traditional pricing models, iconik costs are based on actual consumption so customers only pay for the value they get from their usage in a calendar month. This structure allows them to scale their usage up or down as needed. When iconik added collaboration features, proxy-edit workflows, and Adobe panels, those features were available to everyone out-of-the-box while other MAM solutions charged for similar things. Iconik’s first priority is empowering everyone to use their media, and to do that we will continue to simplify and speed up all the processes involved with media management and creation.
3. To Offer the Best Plans to Our Standard and Enterprise Customers
Iconik serves customers who range from one-person studios to globally known brands. The scalability of iconik is what makes that possible. When small to medium organizations need to grow their iconik usage, they should have a natural upgrade path to an enterprise level. At this level, iconik customers will require support and contractual relationships suited to their unique needs. We are clarifying and elevating iconik's offering for enterprise-level customers while maintaining the flexibility that allows our users to start small, think big, and scale fast.
We understand how central iconik has become for our customers’ media workflows and we have carefully reviewed our customer's feedback and given a lot of consideration to how to go about this process in the best way that will keep iconik extremely accessible for organizations of every size when this pricing goes into effect on January 1, 2023.
In summary, the main changes are:
- User prices will increase, but collaborators will remain free of charge
- Prices for optional external proxy storage and Edge Transcoders will increase
- Enterprise plans will be available with dedicated SLA, support and more data security options
- Iconik credits purchased after January 1, 2023 will be valid for 12 months from the date of purchase
- Iconik credits purchased prior to January 1, 2023 will be valid through December 31, 2023
If your organization requires more support, security, or customer-specific terms, the iconik Enterprise plan will offer that. Enterprise customers will have an Infrastructure SLA included, with the option of adding an extended support SLA, the option for a custom MSA, and a strategic account manager. For added security, enterprise plans will include the forthcoming iconik Shield that offers IP address allow lists and real-time log audits to monitor data activity in iconik. On top of that, the plan includes two days of remote admin training. Speak to iconik sales for more information.
What's Not Changing?
Most of our customers’ favorite things will not change. Fair billing, which only charges for users who actually use iconik, will remain. If users don’t log in, our customers don’t pay for them. Our customers can still use iconik without any commitments or minimums and will continue to have the freedom to bring their existing storage to be managed by iconik. Customers can also bring their own license for AI transcription and tagging services. And lastly, iconik will continue to offer a free user tier for collaborators to make it easy to invite others to work with you in iconik.
Why raise prices?
- Today’s prices were set when iconik was launched five years ago. Even though the iconik service has highly evolved over the years, the prices haven’t. We are aligning the prices with the value iconik brings to our customers.
What happens to the credits purchased before and after January 1, 2023?
- All iconik credits, regardless of contract date, are valid for 12 months from purchase or December 31, 2023, whichever is later.
Should I choose the Standard or Enterprise Plan?
- Standard plans are suitable for the majority of small and medium-sized organizations. However, if you anticipate that you will need advanced security features, added support, and customer-specific terms, then you should inquire about an enterprise plan.
Do I need 24/7 support in my Enterprise Plan?
- If your media operations have a high volume and rapid turnaround times, you may require the highest SLA available in terms of response times. That being said, the standard email support offered by iconik is very effective and tends to be sufficient for most iconik customers with great response times and personal help when needed.
What is iconik Shield?
- iconik Shield is a security add-on product that gives customers greater control over who can access iconik data from where, and real-time insights into what’s happening with their data. Stay tuned for the full announcement later this year.
Send Your Feedback & Questions
If there’s one thing the iconik team is very proud of, it’s the quality of service we give to each customer. If you have any questions or feedback, we’re here to help. Please contact us.