Iconik’s new integration with cineSync’s high-end media review solution:
- extends iconik’s media playback functionality to include original, high-resolution content and interactive reviews
- brings a new level of accessible media asset management to cineSync users
- streamlines content management workflows
- helps improve users’ productivity and opens up more time for getting creative
- enhances the end-client sign-off experience
Today, Backlight unveils a new integration between its media collaboration and management solutions cineSync and iconik, designed to empower companies in the creative industries with frictionless media management workflows, better-organized projects, and improved client sign-off experiences.
The iconik x cineSync integration is an exciting example of how Backlight's suite of video-first solutions can work together to enhance creative workflows and increase project ROI. So naturally, we wanted to dive into the integration in more detail.
Please note that both an iconik and cineSync Pro 5.3 license are required for full multi-user interactive review. Iconik users can access local, asynchronous review via the free version of cineSync's player, cineSync Play.
Let's take a closer look ↓
Introducing cineSync – Emmy and Academy Award-winning Media Review Trusted by the World’s Largest Creative Companies
cineSync is a high-end media review and approval solution used by leading creative companies worldwide. cineSync empowers high resolution review of original media, regardless of bandwidth. cineSync users get access to a whole bunch of great features:
- Synchronized review of original media in high-res, high frame rate, and HDR
- Easy-to-use interactive annotations
- Frame and image sequence support
- Color-accurate reviews
- The ability to interactively modify color, brightness, masking, and aspect ratio.
- Integrations with production tracking tools
- 360 latlong reviews
- PDF summaries of review sessions
Highly Secure Media Review
cineSync is a highly secure media review and approval solution. All media in a cineSync review is local to each machine. No media file ever passes through cineSync’s servers or those of an unauthorized third-party. cineSync only transfers sync commands, and even they are 256-bit encrypted, which is why the world’s largest studios trust cineSync with their content, and one of the many reasons cineSync has been awarded both an Emmy and an Academy Award for its contributions to the television and film industries.
Although iconik's in-built web player already allows asynchronous review of proxies, the cineSync x iconik integration takes this review workflow to the next level, enabling:
- playback of high frame rate, high resolution, and high dynamic range media in its native file format and original quality
- real-time sync with other review participants
- next-level collaborative workflows with a hyper-specific, detailed, and instantaneous review
“cineSync was instrumental when reviewing work and brainstorming ideas on Nope. The tools are quick and simple, and it's easy to sketch things on top of full-quality Quicktimes.”
Guillaume Rocheron, VFX Supervisor, Nope
cineSync x iconik Helps Build Robust, Trusted Review Workflows Across the Creative Industries
Poor employee collaboration costs organizations revenue, so we’re always looking for ways to keep teams connected. The integration between cineSync’s robust media review workflows and iconik is another way to deliver more effective collaboration by unifying file management and review collaboration. The cineSync x iconik integration:
- Puts high-end, interactive review functionality within a real-time collaborative environment at the fingertips of iconik users
- Offers accessible and secure media asset management to cineSync users via iconik’s MAM solution
Here’s a closer look at how the integration works:
1. Store, manage, and browse project media in iconik's easily searchable interface.
2. Select media, load it into cineSync, and launch a cineSync session containing iconik-based proxy versions or collections from inside the iconik UI.
3. For guests joining the review, the media is pulled from iconik, so it loads automatically for them. (As is usual with cineSync, file transfers are encrypted and watermarked for security and can be set to auto-delete from guest machines at the end of the review.)
4. Whereas iconik's in-built web player allows asynchronous review of proxies, cineSync enables playback of media with the following benefits:
- high frame rate
- high resolution
- high dynamic range media
- native file format and original quality (i.e. not streamed and not proxies)
- real-time sync with other review participants.
As a result, reviews in cineSync can be hyper-specific, detailed, and supported by instantaneous collaboration.
5. At the end of the cineSync review, all feedback, notes, and annotated frames are exported back to iconik and stored against the correct versions/media for reference, making iconik the project's single source of truth.
By using iconik and cineSync together, team members get access to an asset management solution capable of storing every asset and file alongside review tools that empower collaboration on high-quality media. Everyone on the team knows the actual state of a project, where all the assets live, and the steps required to advance them to the next iteration. And that means more efficiently delivered projects, happier creatives, and clients who know what they’re getting and when.
The Future of Media Review and Management at Backlight
We're incredibly excited to bring cineSync's one-of-a-kind review functionality to iconik users, facilitate better, more collaborative remote review experiences, and bring new ways to organize and manage media to cineSync users via iconik.
And this is just the start – media review in iconik is about to get even better. Watch this space!
A Closer Look
Learn more about iconik
Start a trial of cineSync
Start a trial of iconik
Learn about high-end media review in cineSync
Read the iconik guide to democratizing media management
Learn about iconik’s NAB Pilot Innovation program award