Every year we start by reviewing the trends we see in our data with the iconik Media Stats Report, but before we do that, let’s take a moment to review what happened at iconik in 2021.
To put it plainly, we grew a lot this past year. But what’s more important is that we maintained a sustainable growth rate that allowed us to serve all our customers and keep the best parts of our team culture intact as we onboarded amazing new talent. With growth also came awareness of areas in our service, product, and team support that could improve. In 2022, we will be working harder than ever to level-up every area of iconik.
So what happened in 2021?
New iconik Features in 2021
A big part of serving our users well is supporting them through new challenges. This ensures they get the most out of iconik, but it also gives us more insight into what media challenges are coming next so we can anticipate what features will be needed next. This year, we added a lot of new functionality to iconik.
In fact, we added so many improvements that we had to cherry-pick which ones to include in this clean little list.
- Share links and editable permissions
- Asset warnings and blocking
- New web uploader widget
- Improved Adobe Panel with MOGRT support and more
- Metadata Categories
- Better quality proxies at 1080p
- 26 more transcription languages
- Redesigned recycle bin with more features
- Redesigned Files Panel with more features
- Assets can inherit rights from parent collections
- ACL templates for complex default permissions for uploads and scanned storages
- Ability to re-map collection structures on an ISG
Our Customers Found New Ways to Use iconik
We had the honor to work with a lot of amazing new customers who are finding incredible ways to use iconik for their creative work. Here are 6 customer stories published in 2021 to give you a glimpse of how iconik is solving today’s media challenges:
- Thumbwar: “Using the Hybrid Cloud for the 2020 World Series | Infographic”
- Spotify: “How Spotify Scaled Out Its Podcast Production”
- “Boon” feature film: “A Game-Changer for Film Production”
- Hagerty Insurance: “Speeding Collaboration on a Hybrid Cloud” by Backblaze
- SXSW: “Taking SXSW Online with iconik”
- Oxfam: “How Oxfam is Streamlining Content Creation”
New Integrations with iconik and Friends
Our great partners joined us to deliver more value with new integrations. They could create these joint solutions by taking advantage of the iconik API to develop their own integrations.
We hosted a webinar together with Vimond to demonstrate how their IO integration allows users to edit live-streaming content by integrating cloud media management with cloud editing. In our webinar with Object Matrix, we showed how iconik can add global collaboration features to object storage. Together with MASV, we made this video to announce our integration that allowed iconik users to create branded upload portals for fast file transfers into iconik from anyone.
We Got Some Fresh Air
In 2021, we attended our first industry events since the pandemic began. IVORY hosted us for Satis in Paris, France together with other great companies like Codemill, Object Matrix, Embrace, and BeBanjo. Our CCO, Mike Szumliski, also flew out to attend Infinity Fest in Hollywood to participate in a panel discussion about "Virtual Production in the Age of Remote Work". Check out Evercast’s summary.
What’s Coming in 2022?
Our team is incredibly grateful to all our customers and partners who made 2021 an exciting time of growth. This year, iconik will continue to expand very rapidly, bringing in new talent for development, sales, customer success, and marketing. Our growing team will deliver some very exciting, and very desired new features that are on the 2022 roadmap. And just as before, sustainability and quality of service will help us chart the way forward.