Updated Terms and DPA
We recently updated our Terms of Service and Data Processing Agreement. This post highlights the main changes that we’d like to bring to your attention. The new terms will go into effect on March 1, 2023 for existing customers and immediately for new customers.
The former Terms of Service used by iconik have been replaced by a unified Terms of Service used by all services under Backlight Creative. This update also adds the UK GDPR Addendum to our Data Processing Agreement, required for transfers of Personal Data out of the UK. One effect of this is that we have changed the GDPR SCCs to use Module 2 instead of Module 3 to allow for transfers from customers (the Controller) to iconik (the Processor). We are also adding a number of new sub-processors to help us deliver the best and most secure services.
Below is a list of the changes to both our Terms of Service and Data Processing Agreement.
Terms of Service
- We have unified the Terms of Service for all services under Backlight Creative. The new Terms of Service replaces the former iconik Terms of Service.
Data Processing Agreement
- Added UK GDPR Addendum for transfers to cover transfers from UK Customers and Data Subjects. The language of the DPA has been updated in multiple places to reflect this.
- Changed from SCC Module 3 to Module 2. Iconik Media AB is based in Sweden and the transfer of Personal Data from Customers in EEA to iconik Media AB is already covered by GDPR and does not require SCCs. With the addition of the UK GDPR Addendum however Module 2 is required so we are incorporating this module into our general DPA to simplify.
- Changed the way the SCCs are included in the iconik DPA from inlining the entire SCCs to referencing the standard document and outlining our choices when applicable.
- Added Orca Security, Crowdstrike, Zendesk, Hubspot and Salesforce as sub-processors.
- Minor grammatical, spelling and formatting changes.
See the Updates or Inquire More
Iconik is committed to continued vigilance over all of our processes and agreements to ensure that we deliver the most secure and transparent service possible. If you have further questions about our updated Terms or DPA, you can contact us here.